After posting last week’s blog about Tips For Successful Blogging, I got asked: “What Is A Blog and Why Should I Have It In The First Place?” (Thanks for that questions Wade). Below are some overall benefits to having a blog for your business. Can these be more specific? Absolutely!!! Would you read them all…no way! So if you’d like the unabridged version, let us know.
1. Powerful tool for real-time discussions or additional information you would not add to your website; i.e. community events, weekly specials, new staff, events, etc.
2. Generates Back Links (ask us if you don’t know what that means)
3. It boosts traffic by “you” being found on other platforms and then directing to your website (if that is your ultimate goal). Blog traffic is also a common goal
4. Low Cost Marketing Channel (Comparatively speaking that is…most social is free. But it does not come with an instruction manual on how to make it work)
5. Keeps You Ahead Of Your Competition is a variety of ways; traffic, news updates, industry information, specials, and more you can offer in real-time to your consumers over a competitors website
6. Another point of contact to be found. Connecting your social platforms is a great way to connect with a variety of your customers, even if they reside on different platforms. Some Twitter peeps may not DIGG, or Facebook as much as they Tweet. And you don’t want to leave those Twitter-ers out of the loop!
The list could go on and on but in summary…. you are probably a good candidate for a blog. If you want a more in depth answer on why, you know where to find us.